Introducing our BRAND NEW blog content…10 questions we ask everyone!
- You have a table booked at London’s most glamourous restaurant and you can invite any two guests – who would they be and why?
Alive or Dead?If alive then Michelle Obama and Ellen Degeneres, because I’d want to bathe in the aura of the two most powerful women in the world in the hopes I might absorb even a little bit of that power, plus they are friends so the conversation would be good. I’d also like to see what they joke about. I think I could make Michelle laugh.If dead then Blondie and Freddie Mercury.The two most influential fashion icons of the last century. If you had asked me last year I would maybe have said Audrey Hepburn and Blondie, but I saw Bohemian Rhapsody last night and now I’m in a potent Queen haze. Fat-bottomed girls is my jam.
- Your wardrobe is on fire and you can only save one outfit – describe it to us…
Seeing as it looks like I’ll be out of clothes for the next few days I’d save my painter’s playsuit. It’s a denim all in one with big bright red and cream panels on the legs and chest, and a long zip down the front. It’s also got a tie around the middle. I feel like a giant child in it, it inspires me to want to paint and get creative. Also it’s easy to put on; simply get in and go out. Also my Donald Duck Leather Jacket. I found it in a charity shop for fifteen pounds, I’ve worn it once because the arms are too small but I love it anyway.
- What is the one song that just makes you feel amazing?
Can I be boring and say there are LOADS? No? Ok then I’ll go with my feel good ear worm for today, which is Goodnight Gotham by Rihanna.
- What film character best describes you?
I asked my boyfriend and he said “oh, Rapunzel from Tangled because she’s always singing about doing thousands of things all the time and wanting to see magical sights.”I would have gone with Leslie Knope.
- If you could have any superpower, what would it be?
Aquatic respiration (underwater breathing). 95% of our oceans are unexplored and I want to see what’s down there. So I guess if I’m going in deep, I’ll need the ability to survive the pressure. Maybe superhuman intelligence or time travel so I can build a submarine that explores every part of the ocean.
- Who is your celebrity crush?
David Tennant. I fell madly in love when I saw him as Casanova when I was thirteen. He is beautiful.
- Bra, Bralette or Body – which is your fave?
- It’s London Fashion Week, you are on the front row! Who is either side of you and which brand is on the catwalk?
Florence Welch (She is the master of the prairie dress, I can have her write me a list about where she gets all her dresses) and Lily Allen (I just read her book “My thoughts exactly” and she came across as open, chaotic and experienced. She’s also gone through a spectrum of great fashion. I’d like to sit with her.) Lady Gaga too. I’d have her sit on my lap so I could cuddle her.The brand is Gucci.
- What’s been your best age so far and why?Today, this second, and the next and the next. I am like a fine wine or a good cheese. As I sit and write these answers I am in a robe with my feet up on the dog (he doesn’t mind) and the sun is shining. I don’t think age scares me, it’s becoming irrelevant. Society values youth over maturity and experience, which is mad. At seventeen I was crying over a boy who dumped me and spending all my money from my corner shop job on cheap spirits. And yet everyone seems to gravitate towards the romanticism of youth, when actually it’s a lot of chaos and hormones. Life fluctuates and success is not linear, but I’m more grown than I was then.
Short answer: Every age has been valuable and important, each one is a building block, but I think where I am right now is the best one, followed by each forthcoming year.
- What is your secret talent that no everyone would know?
I write good.